Employment: Retail Sales
Looking to hire a highly energetic, motivated, and trustworthy individual with a great attitude in the Tire and Automotive Service industry.
Under the direct supervision of Store Owner performs customer service duties to advise and consult
customers on vehicle automotive service and tire needs. Builds customer confidence in the company by
developing rapport and ensuring quality service. May make suggestions to up-sell product or services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES
. Promptly meets and greets customers in a friendly, courteous, and outgoing manner. Maintains the
goal of customer wait time being no more than five minutes at all possible times. Schedules
appointments in Point-of-Sale System when customer telephones into the store, or if customer
requests a scheduled appointment online from company website. Agrees to call customers to follow
up and schedule appointments.
. Listens to the customer's reasons for bringing their vehicle to the retail store. Determines the nature
of problems by asking tactful but probing questions. Confirms an understanding of the problem by
paraphrasing what was heard. Continues to probe for a description of the complaint or malfunction.
May make road test or visually inspect the vehicle to ascertain the problem. May raise hood to
analyze problem. Conducts a walk around the parked vehicle, which may require bending to visually
analyze tires for irregular wear.
. Creates Repair Order Request (ROR) detailing service to be performed or merchandise to be sold.
Communicates cost of service to customer. May consult service manuals or Mitchell Repair or All-
Data to provide estimate of service or repair. Obtains customer approval for service before delivering
order to service personnel.
. Conveys repair order request to Service Manager with detailed instructions on customer requirements
and instructions. Interacts with Service Manager to expedite repair orders as needed. Follows up
regularly to keep customer informed.
. Reviews completed repairs or services performed with customer. Collects payment or obtains credit
authorization. Closes work order and generates invoice for customer and store accounting files.
Conveys appreciation to customer for business and encourages future selection of company for repair
and maintenance needs.
. Maintains show room in clean and attractive condition. Periodically changes display and re-stocks
display as needed. Adheres to company performance requests if applicable.
. Maintains cash drawer in a balanced condition and conforms to company accounting standards.
Performs daily cash/sales procedures at close of business day. Assists accounting personnel with any
inquiries as requested.
. Complies with Company Quality Control Program, Company Safety Policy, OSHA and EPA regulations.
Wears safety glasses at all times in shop area.
- High School graduate or comparable vocational training.
- Knowledge of computerized sales software. General knowledge or willingness to learn auto/light truck tire, lubrication and maintenance issues. Knowledge of strategies to provide quality customer service.
- Competency in the use of computerized Point of Sales systems in a professional retail environment.
- A minimum of two years experience in a retail environment, preferably auto/light truck tire, lubrication and maintenance. Previous customer service and customer relations experience is essential.
- ustomer service skills in a fast-paced, high volume retail environment where tact and diplomacy are essential to sales and store operations. Strong communication skills are essential
2958 State Rt 5
Cortland, OH 44410
Apply For This Position